Sunday, August 7, 2011

How To: DIY Homemade Lip Scrub


I haven't really done one of these, so I decided...why the heck not.  c:

There are plenty of lip scrubs out there that you can buy, but why do you need to buy one when you can make one?  Honestly, you're saving a lot of money by making your own rather than buying it.  Now, there are a few methods out there for you to exfoliate your lips.  One of them being gently scrubbing your lips with a soft bristled tooth brush.  Another would be to rub your lips with sugar and a wet wash cloth.  The last way, of course, is the scrub I use.  (I admit, I got the idea from Michelle Phan, but Sh!) There are only a few ingredients needed for the scrub, and everyone probably has all of them.
The ingredients are...
1. Sugar-Just plain white sugar should do.  For some reason I don't have white sugar, so I have it's less processed cousin, brown sugar instead.  It worked just as well.
2. Honey-I used organic honey because that's what I have.  Whatever you have is fine.
3. Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly-I have the none mainstream Petroleum Jelly, so meh.  XD
I eyeballed how much I put in, so I can't say how much you really need.  Just keep in mind that when you mix it all together, you want it to have a gritty consistency.  After you've done that, apply it to your lips like you would, say, a potted lipgloss.  Just make sure you rub it on your lips, like rub.  It tastes really yummy by the way. ;D  After you've done that, wipe off the scrub and enjoy your smooth lips!  Remember to apply a balm or something right after so they won't get dry again.  Also, keep hydrated because that also helps keep your lips from chapping.
So yeah, that's it.  :)  I hope you found this helpful and enjoyed reading.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment