Saturday, June 11, 2011

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Ammo Shadow Box Review

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Ammo Shadow Box comes with 10 shadows that are best-sellers.  The shadows are paired as duos.  You can either coordinate them that way or mix-and-match the shadows.  The eyeshadows in the palette are Smog, Maui Wowie, Mildew, Shattered, Oil Slick, Polyester Bride, Last Call, Grifter, Chopper, and Sin.  The "pairings" are Smog - Maui Wowie, Mildew - Shattered, Oil Slick - Polyester Bride, Last Call - Grifter, and Chopper - Sin.  The palette also came with a double sided sponge applicator, which I usually just toss.  There are no matte colors in it, but all the shades are quite pretty.  I always use Urban Decay Primer potion beneath it, so I can't quite say how long it lasts without it, but with the primer, it lasts all day/night.

According to Urban Decay:
Smog: Metallic, shimmery, deep coppery bronze; vegan
Maui Wowie: Metallic medium gold with silver glitter; vegan
Mildew: Metallic, shimmery deep green; vegan
Shattered: Shimmery bright green/blue duo-chrome; vegan
Oil Slick: Black with silver glitter; vegan
Polyester Bride: White with silver glitter; not vegan
Last Call: Shimmery plum "punch"; not vegan
Grifter: Sheer lavender with lots of silvery microglitter; not vegan
Chopper: Coppery fawn with silvery microglitter; not vegan
Sin: Shimmery champagne; not vegan

My Opinion:
Smog: I like this color a lot because it goes really well with my skin tone.
Maui Wowie: I'm not quite sure if I can call it a "medium gold", but I'll roll with it.  The glitter isn't as noticeable as others, but it's still there.  You get a little bit of fall out with this, though.
Mildew: Once again, I wouldn't call this a "deep green", but I'd probably call it mossy green, which doesn't sound nearly as attractive.  It's very pretty, but I tend to lean towards warmer colors due to my skin tone.  I won't be wearing this color as much.  I'll find a use for it, though.
Shattered: It does change in color a bit in different lighting, and it is absolutely gorgeous.  However, due to my skin tone, this color looks kind of bad.  I would love to wear this color, but...  :T
Oil Slick: It's a shade that I'm not sure I'll wear to often because I haven't had the need for glittery black other than lining my eyes.  I also have a single eye shadow similar to this shade from Victoria Secret Beauty Rush.
Polyester Bride: I like this color, but there is A LOT of fallout with this.  When I swatched it, there was glitter here, there, everywhere (Okay, that's over doing it, but you get the point.)!  So yeah...
Last Call: Another color I question the description on.  I'd describe it more of a red-violet, I guess.  "Plum Punch" sounds much cooler though. It's gorgeous, and because of the red tones in it, it looks better on me than without the discreet red.
Grifter: Urban Decay describes it as "sheer lavender".  The actual lavender is probably sheer, but it's really hard to tell because of the INSANE amount of glitter in it.  The "microglitter" basically means that the glitter is smaller than the normal glitter.
Chopper: I can't pick up on the microglitter in this color as much, but it's still really pretty, and looks good with my skin tone.  It almost looks a bit metallic.
Sin: GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS~!  I absolutely love this color on me, and in the pan.  I can use it as a highlighter or as a wash all over my lid.  :)

Pictures:
Outside Packaging
Inside
In the Pans
First Set of Swatches
Second Set of Swatches
 I hope you found this review helpful, and thanks for reading.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment