Monday, June 13, 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Review

In a nutshell, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are eyeliners that can also be used as eye shadows.  Honestly, though, I think that they wouldn't be that practical for eyeliner because they are so fat.  (NYX calls them "voluptuous".)  I really like using these as eye shadow bases, but they will crease, so I like using primer underneath them (my primer of choice is Urban Decay Primer Potion ;P).  I have this in Purple Velvet, Pure Gold, Electric Blue, and French Fries.

My Thoughts:
Purple Velvet: A matte (correct me if I'm wrong), deep, dark purple; This is probably one of the "less worn" shades.  It was given to me as a gift, so...  I mean, either way, I'll still use it, it's a really nice color...just not quite as nice on me.  .3.
Pure Gold: Shimmery, slightly metallic gold; This was the first NYX Jumo Eye Pencil I have ever bought.  It goes really well with my skin tone, but for some reason when I was using it on my lighter skinned friend, it leaned a bit towards orange.  It might have been the lighting but... -shrugs-
Electric Blue: Shimmery, uber bright blue with a tid bit of green in it; HOLY COW, WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THIS ONE?!  In all truthfullness, I actually have NO idea why I bought this color of all the colors there were.  I mean, I think it's ABSOLUTELY gorgeous, but it just seems...not quite right for my skin tone.  (My friend gave me a back up of it, though.  eue)  Once again, one of those shades that I'll probably never use on myself, but I'll use it when doing my friends' make up.
French Fries: Shimmery, slightly metallic bronzey brown; Okay, I bought this color because I heard Juicystar07 on YouTube rave about after she heard someone else on YouTube rave about it.  Lemme just say, though, that's not all.  I genuinely like this color, cuz it looks good with my sking tone and stuff...  =u=

Pictures:
My NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils...Okay, so I lost the cap of my French Fries one so...  I made do with Plastic Wrap...
Swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment